Allen E. Pittoors
Allen Pittoors is a registered patent attorney and Partner.
Mr. Pittoors represents clients ranging from large corporations to solo inventors in all aspects of intellectual property law.
Mr. Pittoors has more than sixteen years of experience providing comprehensive legal services and counseling clients, focusing on patent preparation and prosecution, complex litigation matters, due diligence, and legal opinion work.
- Preparation and prosecution of hundreds of U.S. and international patent matters in the chemical, biomedical, automotive, mechanical, nano-technology, and material science arts.
- Prior art searching and formulating patentability assessments with global filing strategies.
- Freedom to practice, validity, infringement, and due diligence opinions.
- IP acquisitions and transactions.
- Extensive litigation practice – from pre-filing investigations and initial filings, through complex and exhaustive discovery, leading to awards of final judgments and appeals.
- Federal District Courts
- Federal Courts of Appeals
- The United States International Trade Commission
- The American Arbitration Association
- Demonstrated success in AIA Post-Grant Challenges, including Inter Partes Reviews.
- Ex ParteReexaminations and PTAB appellate matters.
Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Michigan Intellectual Property Inns of Court, Barrister
Federal Bar Association
Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2003
Wayne State University, cum laude
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, 1999
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, 1997
- Presidential Scholar - Wayne State University
- Moot Court - Best Brief Team, Best Oralist Team
- Excellence in Teaching Award - Wayne State University
- Selected for inclusion in Michigan Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2011, 2013, 2014, and 2015
Admitted to Practice
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Michigan
- U.S. District Court, W.D. Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- International Trade Commission
- Admitted Pro Hac Vice to various other courts
Prior Industry Employment
- Young Basile, PC
- Harness, Dickey & Pierce, PLC
- U.S. Central Intelligence Agency
- Borg Warner Automotive
State Bar of Michigan Intellectual Property Law Section Proceedings, “Perfecting Security Interests in Intellectual Property is Not a Perfect Process,” Vol. 20, Issue 3 (2009).
Outside of the office, Allen is an aspiring world traveler and avid photographer.