Nadine N. Mustafa
Ms. Mustafa is a Partner of the firm, as well as the Director of Diversity.
Ms. Mustafa concentrates her practice on patent prosecution, legal opinions, and strategic counseling relating to software, hardware, electronics, and semiconductors.
Prior to entering the field of law, Ms. Mustafa was a software engineer for Denso International America, Inc. Her experience includes developing software for instrument cluster control systems, validating automotive communications systems, and integrating state of the art flash bootloaders. While obtaining her computer engineering degree, Ms. Mustafa worked for Vector CANtech, the leading manufacturer of software tools and software components for networking in electronic systems. Her responsibilities included integrating and testing software implementation packages based on CAN and designing and implementing a hardware-free, non-platform-specific test suite.
- Preparation and prosecution of hundreds of U.S. and international patent matters in the computer science and electrical arts.
- Prior art searching and formulating patentability assessments.
- Freedom to practice, validity, infringement, and due diligence opinions.
- Inter Partes Reviews.
- Ex Parte Reexaminations and PTAB appellate matters.
State Bar of Michigan
American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Wayne State University School of Law, J.D., 2008
University of Michigan - Dearborn, B.S.E Computer Engineering, 2004
- Michigan Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2011
Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- State of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Michigan
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Texas