Joseph L. Nuñez
Dr. Nuñez is a law clerk with the firm.
While in law school, Dr. Nuñez aids in representing clients ranging from large corporations to solo inventors in all aspects of intellectual property law.
Prior to joining Darrow Mustafa, Dr. Nuñez was a law clerk at another patent law firm in Michigan from 2013-2015, where he assisted in patent drafting and prosecution with an emphasis on mechanical and biomedical related patents.
- Wayne State University Law School, prospective J.D., 2017
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D., Neuroscience, 2000
- University of California, Irvine, B.S., Biological Sciences, 1993
Prior Industry Employment
Dr. Nuñez has over 20 years of research experience in the biomedical industry in the areas of cellular and molecular biology, qualitative and quantitative biochemical analysis, neuroanatomy and physiology among others.
Dr. Nuñez’s professional positions in the field include as an Assistant Professor at Michigan State University, and as a Research Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Dr. Nuñez has 35 peer-reviewed publications in the biomedical field.
- Dr. Nuñez is currently an Assistant Professor at Schoolcraft College.
- Outside of work and school, Joseph enjoys playing soccer and tennis.