Thomas M. Szymanski
Thomas Szymanski is a registered patent attorney and an Associate with the law firm. Mr. Szymanski joined Darrow Mustafa in 2016.
Mr. Szymanski practices in all areas of intellectual property law. He specializes in procuring high quality patents for the law firm's clients using his experience as a Patent Examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Mr. Szymanski has drafted well over a hundred patent applications and well over five hundred responses to office actions. He has extensive experience searching patent databases and other databases for prior art. While working as a Patent Examiner with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, Mr. Szymanski examined well over two hundred patent applications.
- Computer Networking: Servers, WAN, LAN, VPN
- Cellular Networks: CDMA, WCDMA, GSM, LTE
- Wireless Communications: 802.11, Bluetooth, Broadband HFC, Satellite Networks
- Cryptography/Computer Security: Biometrics, Firewalls, Wireless Security, PKI
- Video Processing: Encoding/Decoding, Liquid Paper Displays
- Microprocessors and Memory Architectures: Superscalar Processors, Pipelining, SRAM architectures, Flash Memory Design, Power Management Technologies
- Semiconductor Fabrication and Design: LED Fabrication, FEOL and BEOL Design, VLSI, Die Package Fabrication Technologies
- Other: SQL Database Design, Utility Network Optimization, Machine Learning
- Biomedical Devices: Optical Coherence Tomography, MRI, Catheters, Functional Electrical Stimulation Devices
- Autonomous Vehicle Technology and Design
J.D., University of Akron School of Law, 2010
B.S., Computer Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 2003
Admitted to Practice
- State of Ohio, 2010
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2008
Prior Industry Employment
- Patent Examiner, United States Patent and Trademark Office, Alexandria, Virginia
- Kraguljac Law Group, LLC, Independence, Ohio
Outside the office, Thomas enjoys spending time with his family, remodeling his historic home, and playing golf.