Vikrant B. Panchal
Vikrant Panchal is Of Counsel with the Firm, focusing on executive IP interactions, commercial transactions, IP agreements, IP licensing, patent and trademark prosecution, IP start-up, and IP venture counseling.
Vik has served as in-house intellectual property counsel, in various capacities, including small, medium, and large corporations with experience in both privately and publicly held entities. Most recently, Vik served as in-house counsel to BASF Corporation in Michigan doing commercial agreements and managing intellectual property procurement.
Vik has considerable experience working with executive management on various intellectual property legal matters. Vik is very well versed and enthusiastic about IP start-ups, entrepreneurial and venture capital matters.
Some of the technical areas of his expertise include: coating chemistry, pigments and dispersion chemistry, construction chemicals, polyurethanes and monomers, oligomer chemistry, acrylonitrile process, polyethylene, polypropylene, syngas-fermentation, ethanol, renewable energy, process chemistry, starch/sugar fermentation, ethanol, enzyme(s), protein chemistry, medical processes, biochemistry of wound healing and platelet biochemistry.
- M.B.A., expected 2019, University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, Ann Arbor, MI
- J.D., 1999, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
- B.S., Biochemistry, 1997, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
Areas of practice
• Transactional Agreements
• Licensing Agreements
• IP Protection Agreements (NDAs, MTAs, etc.)
• Patent Prosecution
• Patent Clearance/Freedom-to-Operate
admitted to practice
United States Patent & Trademark Office
State Bar of Michigan
State Bar of Illinois
- Executive Leadership Certificate, 2016, Cornell University, Ithica, NY
- Change Management Certificate, 2016, Cornell University, Ithica, NY
- Certified Licensing Executive (CLE)
- Certified Patent Valuation Analyst (CPVA)